Swing Trading For Dummies
by Omar Bassal, CFA
From the back cover
Take advantage of price swings in strongly trending securities and pump up your portfolio!
Omar Bassal, CFA, is the head of Asset Management at NBK Capital, the investment arm of the largest and highest rated bank in the Middle East, NBK. He holds the CFA Charter and an MBA with honors in finance, management and statistics from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania.
Omar has been a user of the High Growth Stock Investor software for many years. Many of the techniques written in the book are implemented in HGSI. It is a great resource for any High Growth Stock Investor user.
Want to know the strategies of successful swing trading? This friendly guide covers the ins and outs of this risky but profitable investing approach, explaining all the basics in plain English. You’ll see how to use the two investment approaches — technical and fundamental analysis– to identify promising securities in strongly trending markets. In addition, this guide covers how to calculate investment returns and, most important, how to manage your portfolios’s risk.
- Learn from a highly experienced trader, analyst, and portfolio manager — the author shares his insider knowledge.
- Understand often overlooked topics such as money management, journal keeping, and strategy planning–key areas that will largely determine your success
- Focus on the fundamentals — often overlooked by swing traders, fundamental analysis can increase your chance of success
- Determine your entry and exit points with technical analysis can increase your chanced of success– read charts, apply indicators, and compare markets
- Evaluate companies with fundamental analysis — grasp the basics of financial statements and the criteria to screen for undervalued or overvalued stocks
- Develop and implement your trading plan — outline what you trade and how often, decide your risk tolerance, and calculate your performance.
- Client Omar Bassal, CFA
- Date September 9, 2008