The purpose of the investment strategy forum is to facilitate user-to-user discussions about stocks, investing techniques, strategy or discussions about the current market conditions.
The HGSI Investment Software Group is a discussion group (i.e., bulletin board) hosted by Groups.io (www.groups.io). This discussion forum is free to use and allows anyone to post investing questions. It allows searching and replying to specific posts so that messages may be seen in context (i.e., discussion threads).
Some useful functionality of the investment strategy forum:
- Messages may be viewed in date order so the most recent postings easily stand out.
- Messages may be viewed in “thread” order so that messages posted in response to other messages are easily recognized.
- There is a search facility which allows text searches of all the messages stored in the forum database.
- Your forum account may be set up to email you all the messages each day instead of requiring you to log on to the group. Some people feel this fills up their email boxes and some prefer the interactive approach more than this overnight approach. Either way works.
- Attachments may be included with your messages. This means that if you have a small spreadsheet you would like to share, or a screen capture of a chart or message box, these files may be attached with a message.
Signing up is easy and free.
- Follow this link HGSI Investment Software Group
- Enter your email address or create a groups.io account and use that to join our discussion group. You will have to verify your subscription.
You are now a member of the HGSI Investment Software Group.
Messages come to you: Signing up with the default settings will set up your group access so that all the messages are emailed directly to your email address. You don’t have to visit the website to review messages. To reply to a message from someone else, simply reply to the message you receive. Your message will be posted on the group.
Online review of messages: There are several places on the HGSI website where you will see the link “logon to group.”
- Click on the “logon to group” link to open the HGSI Group window.
- Once that window is open click on Messages.
There are two ways to submit a question.
Using Email: From an account subscribed to the group, send email to main@HGSI-Investor.groups.io
Typing the message into the website directly:
- Click on the logon to the group link.
- Click on “Sign In.”
- Click the “New Topic” link on the left-hand side of the window.