The purpose of the investment strategy forum is to facilitate user-to-user discussions about stocks, investing techniques, stratey or discussions about the current market conditions.
Some useful functionality of the investment strategy forum:
- Messages may be viewed in date order so the most recent postings easily stand out.
- Messages may be viewed in “thread” order so that messages posted in response to other messages are easily recognized.
- There is a search facility which allows text searches of all the messages stored in the forum database.
- Your forum account may be set up to email you all the messages each day instead of requiring you to log on to the group. Some people feel this fills up their email boxes and some prefer the interactive approach more than this overnight approach. Either way works.
- Attachments may be included with your messages. This means that if you have a small spreadsheet you would like to share, or a screen capture of a chart or message box, these files may be attached with a message. In order to see attachments, you must subscribe to the group via email. Attachments are not kept on the web archive.
- If you don’t have one, sign up for a Yahoo account by accessing the following link: Create Yahoo Account
- Next join the HGSI by clicking on the link below. You will be asked to enter the Yahoo account name and password you just created. Join HGSI forum
You are now a member of the stock market investment strategy forum.
Online review of messages: There are several places on the HGSI website where you will see the link “logon to forum.”
- Click on the “logon to forum” link to open the HGSI Group window.
- Once that window is open click on “Sign In” on the upper right hand part of the window.
Using Email: From an account subscribed to the group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Typing the message into the website directly:
- Click on the logon to the forum link.
- Click on “sign in.”
- Click the “post” link on the left-hand side of the window.